Disney What If Books?
- Patrick Hunter
Are Disney’s Twisted Tales intended for adults?
Children’s Literature – Reviews Have you ever questioned the origins of your favorite Disney heroines? What if things were not as they appeared? This series, which inverts traditional fairy tales, is a must-read for Disney fans and a delight for all Young Adult readers.
- Disney’s Twisted Tales imagines a very different story for each of our favorite princesses, Ariel, Belle, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Mulan, and Princess Jasmine.
- What if Aladdin had never discovered the lamp, Sleeping Beauty had never awoken, or the Sea Witch had never vanquished the Little Mermaid? Would Jasmine and Aladdin become freedom fighters in opposition to Jafar’s oppression? Could Aurora manage her dreams and defeat Maleficent? And would Ariel be able to return to a world she never believed she’d see again, defeat the antagonist, and regain her voice? Written by Liz Braswell, Jen Calonita, and Elizabeth Lim, three popular YA authors who share a passion for fantasy and fairy tales, the Twisted Tale series has the magic of Disney films with sinister twists.
As the heroines fight for their happy endings, romance gives way to enchantment, action, and violence, and all is not what it seems. The dark and dreamlike stories in these books will appeal to anyone who enjoys drama, dragons, and fantasy, not just those of us who grew up loving Disney.
Do not expect a sweet fairy tale, however, as there is plenty of violence and grit, and the graphic descriptions and adult themes make these Disney novels unsuitable for children under the age of twelve. The six standalone stories can be read in any order, so choose your favorite heroine and delve into her twisted tale.
The first book in the series is A Whole New World, and the most recent book, So This is Love, asks what would have happened if Cinderella had never worn the glass slipper. Despite the darker tone of the newer tales, the essential elements of love, friendship, and magic are still present in the books.
- And what about the happy ending? You’ll just have to wait and see All the A Twisted Tale books in chronological order: What If Aladdin Had Never Found the Lamp?, Book 1: A Whole New World.
- 2016) Once Upon a Dream: What If Sleeping Beauty Never Woke Up is the second book in the Once Upon a Time series.
(2016) What if Belle’s mother had cursed the Beast in Book 3: As Old as Time? (2016) Book 4: Reflection on MULAN (2018) Part of Your World: Disney Princess – The Little Mermaid (2018) Mirror, Mirror is book six in the Disney Princess Snow White series (2019) Book 7: Conceal, Don’t Feel (2019) Straight On Till Morning from Disney’s Peter Pan (2020) So This Is Love: A Disney Princess Cinderella Novel (2020) Disney Hercules: Go the Distance is the tenth book (2021) Book 11: What Once Was Mine (2021): Reviews of Children’s Books
What twisted tale books will be published in 2022?
Trivia – This is the tenth Disney Princess-themed Twisted Tale. These are the others: An Entire New World Once Upon a Nightmare Ancient as time Consideration (Mulan) A Portion of Your World Mirror, Mirror Cover, Do Not Feel This then is Love What Was Once Mine This is the first book in the series written by Farrah Rochon because the original three authors wanted the story to be authentic and wanted a black woman to write it so that Tiana’s story would be represented as accurately as possible.
|v – e – d|
Is.available on Disney+?
|Genre||Action-adventure Anthology Science fiction Superhero|
|Created by||A.C. Bradley|
|Based on||Marvel Comics|
|Directed by||Bryan Andrews|
|Music by||Laura Karpman|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||9|
|Executive producers||A.C. Bradley Bryan Andrews Victoria Alonso Louis D’Esposito Kevin Feige Brad Winderbaum|
|Editors||Graham Fisher Joel Fisher|
|Running time||30–37 minutes|
|Production company||Marvel Studios|
|Distributor||Disney Platform Distribution|
|Original release||August 11, 2021 – present|
|Related||Marvel Cinematic Universe television series|
Based on the Marvel Comics series of the same name, What If.? is an American animated anthology series created by A.C. Bradley for the Disney+ streaming service. It is the first animated series produced by Marvel Studios and the fourth television series set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU).
- The series explores alternate timelines in the multiverse that depict what would have occurred if significant moments from MCU films had transpired differently.
- Bryan Andrews directs the first two seasons while Bradley serves as head writer.
- The series is narrated by Jeffrey Wright, who portrays the Watcher.
Many MCU film actors reprise their roles. By the end of 2018, Marvel Studios was developing the series for Disney+ with Bradley and Andrews on board. It was announced formally in April 2019. Ryan Meinerding, the head of visual development at Marvel Studios, contributed to defining the series’ cel-shaded animation style, which was intended to reflect the films and draw inspiration from classic American illustrators.
Blue Spirit, Squeeze, Flying Bark Productions, and Stellar Creative Lab provide animation for the first season, with Stephan Franck serving as head animator. As part of Phase Four of the MCU, the first season of What If.? premiered on August 11, 2021, and ran for nine episodes until October 6, 2021.
As part of Phase Five, a second nine-episode season is expected to premiere in early 2023, and a third season is in development. The series has received generally favorable reviews, with praise for the voice acting, animation, creative storylines, and scenarios, despite criticism for the episode length and writing.