How Long Are The Lines At Disney World?
- Patrick Hunter
Time spent in line at various Disney World theme parks – After collecting data on the cost of admission to a single park for a single day, our team determined that the average ticket costs $138 per person. A family of four can expect to pay nearly $600 per day just to enter one of the four Disney World parks, before spending any money on food or merchandise.
Due to the high price of admission, minimizing time spent waiting in line is essential for many visitors who wish to maximize their day. But how simple is it to do so and still enjoy everything the parks have to offer? To begin, we wished to compare the length of wait times to the duration of rides at the four parks.
Across the 54 attractions that Disney offers at its four parks, the average wait time per ride is 36 minutes. EPCOT has the shortest wait times (26 minutes), while Hollywood Studios has the longest wait times (45 minutes) (41 minutes). EPCOT has the longest rides at 9.2 minutes per attraction, whereas Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom have the shortest at 7.3 minutes.
- Which amusement park is best for guests who wish to ride as many rides as possible? Magic Kingdom and EPCOT are the Disney parks that provide the best value for money.
- Guests can ride 1.7 rides per hour, which translates to nearly 20 rides in a 12-hour day at the parks.
- Guests who maximize their park time at this rate spend approximately $6.90 per ride on a $138 ticket.
On the other hand, Hollywood Studios is the park where it is most difficult to maximize ride time. There are several popular new attractions, including Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway, and Slinky Dog Dash. Each of the three rides at Hollywood Studios has wait times of more than an hour, significantly increasing the park’s average wait time.
How long is the entrance line to Walt Disney World?
Major findings – The average wait time for a Disney World attraction is 36 minutes, whereas the average duration of a ride is only 8 minutes. Prepare to spend 82% of your time in line for each ride you intend to visit. With an average wait time of 127 minutes, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance is the attraction with the longest average wait time.
What time of day are Disney’s lines the longest?
We examine the Magic Kingdom’s traffic patterns as part of our research. WHICH SECTIONS OF THE PARK AND WHICH ATTRACTIONS DO GUESTS VISIT FIRST? When the park opens, Fantasyland and Tomorrowland see the most foot traffic, followed by Frontierland. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train transports guests to the park’s rear, while Space Mountain transports guests to the right.
|Frontierland||Splash Mountain Big Thunder Mountain Railroad|
|Fantasyland||Enchanted Tales with Belle Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Peter Pan’s Flight|
|Tomorrowland||Space Mountain Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin Tomorrowland Speedway|
2. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO FILL UP THE PARK? HOW ARE THE VISITORS DISPERSED IN THE PARK? Before or around opening time, a large number of early birds arrive, but they quickly disperse throughout the empty park. After the initial wave has been absorbed, there is a lull lasting approximately one hour.
The park is then flooded for approximately two hours, reaching its peak between 10 a.m. and noon. and noon. Until approximately 2:00 p.m., arrivals continue in a steady but diminishing stream. The longest lines we observed occurred between 1 and 2 p.m., indicating that there were more arrivals than departures in the early afternoon.
Between 10 and 11:30 a.m., the majority of tourist attractions experience long lines. From late morning until early afternoon, all lands receive an equal number of guests. However, guests concentrate in Fantasyland, Liberty Square, and Frontierland in the late afternoon, while Adventureland and Tomorrowland experience a decline in attendance.
- Visitors to the Jungle Cruise at Adventureland and Tomorrowland in Adventureland and Tomorrowland.
- Buzz Lightyear and Space Mountain continue to be crowded in Adventureland and Tomorrowland, but most other attractions are easily accessible.3.
- HOW DO MOST VISITORS TOUR THE PARK? Many first-time guests are guided by family or friends who are familiar with the Magic Kingdom; these tours may or may not adhere to a specific order.
First-timers without personal guides tend to be more organized in their touring, but upon entering the park, they are often drawn to Cinderella Castle, so they begin their rotation in Fantasyland. Typically, repeat visitors head directly to their favorite attractions.4.
We tested the claim that the majority of guests enter Tomorrowland from the right and tour the Magic Kingdom in a counterclockwise direction. We found the claim to be without merit. Neither do the majority of individuals turn left and enter Adventureland. Space Mountain is on the east side, Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad are on the west side, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is in the north, etc.
Therefore, if you were to begin your tour by heading left, you would encounter low crowds in Adventureland and moderate crowds in Frontierland, but the largest crowds of the day in Fantasyland and Tomorrowland. If you began your journey in Tomorrowland, you can expect to encounter similar crowds in the other lands you visit.
- Therefore, avoiding the park’s largest crowds requires the following: 1.
- Nowing when and which attractions to visit.2.
- Willingness to traverse the park to save time.5.
- HOW DO SPECIAL EVENTS, SUCH AS PARADES AND LIVE SHOWS, AFFECT TRAFFIC PATTERNS? Large numbers of guests are diverted away from attractions by parades, creating an opportunity for shorter lines at the most popular attractions.
In addition to attracting crowds, Castle Forecourt stage performances have a minimal impact on line formation. WHAT ARE THE TRAFFIC PATTERNS NEAR CLOSING TIME AND IMMEDIATELY AFTER? On our sample days, during busy periods and off-season at the park, departures began to outnumber arrivals by mid-afternoon.
- As dinner approached in the late afternoon, many guests departed.
- When the amusement park closed early, guests left steadily in the two hours before closing, culminating in a mass exodus at the park’s closing time.
- When the park closed late, a massive exodus began immediately following the early evening parade and fireworks, followed by a second mass departure following the late parade and continuing until closing.
Due to the fact that Main Street and transportation services remain open after the other five lands close, crowds departing at closing have the greatest impact on Main Street and the monorail, ferry, and bus boarding areas. During the final hour of operation, the other five lands are typically empty.