How To Cancel Disney Cruise?
- Patrick Hunter
On June 25, 2018, Israel from Texas inquired. This response was made before the transition to planDisney and may still contain references to Disney Parks Moms Panel. “Experiences, policies, pricing, and other offers are subject to change and may have changed since the publication date of this response.” Hi Israel! I hope you will not need to cancel your future Disney Cruise Line vacation, but I am delighted to answer your question on cancellation rules.
- Cancellations of Disney Cruise Line vacations can be done over the phone (1-800-951-3489) or in writing.
- All refunds would be given to the credit card used to purchase the cruise, or the Guest’s Travel Agent, if one was used.
- Depending on your sail date, itinerary, and stateroom class, deposits may be returned if the cancellation occurs before to your date of payment in full.
If you purchased the Disney Cruise Line Vacation Protection Plan, you should be eligible for a refund after your paid-in-full date. I always recommend buying travel insurance. I’ve learned that sometimes things happen beyond our control, and travel insurance provides us with piece of mind while we anticipate our vacation.
- Please review the Cancellations/Refund Policy in the Terms and Conditions section of Disney Cruise Line’s website to determine whether any Cancellation Fees apply to your specific voyage.
- I really hope that you will not need to cancel your Disney Cruise Line vacation and that this information will not be required.
Wishing you a voyage with Captain Mickey in the near future! – Diane W. Utilizable 1 Utilizable Save Answer Sign In to view your saved responses.
How do I cancel my online Disney cruise reservation?
Following a few simple steps, it is now possible to modify or cancel your reservation online. Sign in to your Disney account through My Reservations and choose ‘Modify Reservation’ You can change your sail date, modify your travel party, modify your stateroom, or cancel your reservation from the Modify Reservation page.
Can I cancel a Disney cruise and receive a refund?
What is the policy on flexible refunds? A: Guests experiencing COVID-19-related health concerns (symptoms or exposure) may request a full refund in their original mode of payment without Disney-imposed cancellation penalties or apply their cruise cost to a future sailing date within 14 days of sailing.
How far in advance can a Disney cruise be canceled?
Temporary cancellation penalties – Cancellation and the related costs are governed by a number of terms and restrictions. Notice is therefore given to cruisers that Disney has modified its cancellation fees, resulting in a new charge schedule effective for sailings prior to December 31, 2022.
- For guests sailing for 1 to 5 nights, the interim itinerary is as follows:
- Guests on cruises longer than 5 nights are subject to harsher fines 55 days prior to departure, compared to 44 days for shorter voyages.
- Guests who reserve suites and concierge cabins are subject to a full cancellation fee if they cancel within 29 days or less.
- Customary Cancellation Charges
- The cruise contract for Disney Cruise Line specifies cancellation costs dependent on the duration of the voyage.
- For lengthier voyages, the penalty period extends to 119 days in advance, however the same cancellation policy applies within the final 30 days before to departure.
- Guests who reserve suites and concierge rooms incur a full penalty beginning 29 days or fewer before to departure.
Can I cancel my reservation for a cruise?
There are two sorts of deposits for cruise fares: refundable and non-refundable. If you have bought refundable cruise price but have not yet completed your final payment, you may cancel your reservation and get a full refund of your deposit and any other payments made.
If you have booked a non-refundable cruise price and have not yet made final payment, you will get a Future Cruise Certificate in the amount of the cruise deposit, minus a $100 per passenger change charge. After the final payment deadline has passed, you may incur cancellation fees based on how close you are to your departure.
A standard cruise cancellation will result in a cash refund, albeit penalties may apply.
Can I cancel my Disney reservation without incurring any fees?
When is the cutoff date for canceling a reservation without incurring a fee? Guests may cancel without penalty up to 11:59 p.m. the night before their reservation.
How long do I have to cancel my cruise?
Policies regarding cancellations by cruise line (thank you for visiting; we are undergoing several improvements!)
|Days prior to departure||Per Person Cancellation Fee|
|Up to 91 days||$100 per person Administrative Fee|
|61-90 days||50% of gross fare|
|31-60 days||75% of gross fare|
|0-30 days||100% of gross fare|
How much do you lose if you cancel a cruise?
For voyages booked on or before March 31, 2022, our Cruise with Confidence product provides protection and flexibility. For voyages booked by March 31, 2022 that depart by September 30, 2022, you may cancel up to 48 hours before to departure and get a Future Cruise Credit for the entire amount paid.
- You may utilize the credit for any voyage departing within a year of your initial sail date, or by December 31, 2022, whichever date is later.
- The alternatives are practically limitless.
- For voyages booked after March 31, 2022, Cruise with Confidence is no longer applicable.
- Please read below for the Cancellation policy applicable to any reservations made after March 31, 2022.
Certain fare packages demand the payment of a nonrefundable deposit at the time of booking. This deposit amount shall not be repaid under any circumstances. For reservations where the deposit is non-refundable, change costs will apply. Cancellation of Cruise or CruiseTour Cruises cancelled before to the sail date and CruiseTour cancellations made prior to the first day of the CruiseTour may incur a cancellation fee.
|FOR 1 TO 4 NIGHT CRUISES (including Holiday sailings) IF CANCELLATION IS MADE||CANCELLATION CHARGE|
|75 days or more prior to the first day of the Cruise||No charge (except for Nonrefundable Deposit amounts)|
|74 to 61 days||50% of total price|
|60 to 31 days||75% of total price|
|30 days or less||100% of total price (No refund)|
|FOR 5 NIGHTS OR LONGER CRUISES (including Holiday sailings and Cruisetours) IF CANCELLATION IS MADE||CANCELLATION CHARGE|
|90 days or more prior to the first day of the Cruise||No charge (except for Nonrefundable Deposit amounts)|
|89 to 75 days||25% of total price|
|74 to 61 days||50% of total price|
|60 to 31 days||75% of total price|
|30 days or less||100% of total price (No refund)|
In the case of a Cruise or CruiseTour cancellation, all applicable Taxes/Fees and Fuel Supplement costs will be returned. Bookings booked outside of the United States and Canada may be subject to a different cancellation policy. Contact your local office or travel agent for further information.
- Notices of cancellation are effective upon receipt by the Operator.
- Refunds of the CruiseTour Fare (including any applicable supplement costs) will be paid in line with the following cancellation policy for Passengers who have booked a CruiseTour but wish to cancel their tour component while maintaining the Cruise.
Guests who switch their CruiseTours to cruise-only reservations within forty-two (42) days of the tour segment’s commencement date will incur a cancellation fee. The amount of this fee varies based on the location and/or duration of the CruiseTour. The cancellation procedures outlined above differ for single occupancy, the third, fourth, or more guests in a cabin, as well as for groups.
Consult your travel agent or call Royal Caribbean for further information. Cancellation by the Passenger after the Cruise or CruiseTour has commenced, early disembarkation of the Passenger for any reason, including according to any condition of this Ticket Contract, or “no-shows” shall result in no refund, compensation, or obligation whatsoever on the part of the Carrier.
If payment was made through credit card, the refund will be issued to the same credit card. If Carrier received money from your travel agent, the refund will be sent to that agent. Carrier has the right to provide special cruise pricing and other offers that may alter the above-described cancellation restrictions.
For cancellation fees associated with air flights, hotel stays, transfer services, shore excursions, pre-purchased amenities, the Royal Caribbean Travel Protection ProgramSM, pre-booked services (such as spa, photography, or wedding services), and pre-booked arrangements such as specialty dining, please refer to the applicable terms and conditions.
Non-Refundable Deposit Fares When a non-refundable deposit cancellation happens outside of the final payment, the whole deposit amount will be kept as a penalty. Any extra payments made will be reimbursed. If you wish to modify your initial ship and/or sail date and booked directly with us, please contact our Consumer Outreach team, where a representative will help you in making the necessary modifications, as well as applying any applicable change fees and collecting payment, if not already done so.
- If you made your reservation via a travel agent, please contact them for any modifications.
- Refunds for Delayed or Cancelled Sailings by Royal Caribbean If we cancel a trip or postpone embarkation by three (3) days or more, and you choose not to sail on the delayed journey or a substitute voyage that we provide, you are eligible for a refund or a credit for a future vacation (FCC).
Although our policy is to automatically offer a credit for a future trip, you may contact us to request a refund. Refund claims must be submitted within six (6) months of the date the voyage was canceled or the anticipated date of embarkation, whichever is sooner.
What happens if I cancel my Disney reservation?
Vacation Packages – The policy differs slightly for accommodation and ticket packages. To receive a full refund, you must cancel your reservation within 30 days of the first day of your stay. For cancellations submitted 2 to 29 days before to arrival, a $200 per-package cancellation charge will be deducted from your refund.
- For cancellations made one day or fewer prior to guest arrival, the entire trip cost is forfeited.
- ©Disney You may, however, modify your reservation (subject to availability), however modifications made less than 30 days before to your arrival date are subject to a $50 per package fee.
- Additionally, you will be responsible for any necessary price increases.
©Disney However, there is a Hurricane Exception to the regulation. If the National Storm Center has issued a hurricane warning for Orlando or your home within seven days of your scheduled arrival, you may be entitled to cancel or reschedule your vacation package.
Can you modify your Disney cruise date?
Modify Your Reservation: Reservations that qualify may be amended online via My Reservations. You can change your cruise date, add or remove guests from your travel party, switch staterooms, or improve your category. Reservations that qualify may also be canceled.
What happens if a Disney Cruise is missed?
Make travel preparations. – If you miss the ship, you will either have to catch it in a future port of call or return home. Your cruise company, travel agency, or travel insurance provider may be able to assist you in making preparations; if not, you’ll be on your own.
Will I lose my deposit if I cancel my cruise?
Is my cruise deposit refundable at all times? – No. Historically, cruise deposits were refundable, but more cruise lines now offer nonrefundable deposit choices. Typically, these alternatives are combined as a promotion, providing cruisers a discount or incentive in exchange for a nonrefundable deposit.
- Additionally, several cruise lines provide nonrefundable deposits just for suite-level cabin categories or guarantee cabins.
- Even refundable cruise deposits are only refundable for a limited time.
- As long as you cancel before your final payment date, most cruise lines do not charge cancellation fees.
- Depending on when you cancel in relation to your sail date, you will lose your deposit or the deposit plus a portion of your cruise fee after the final payment.
Check with your specific line on its cancellation policy and final payment deadline, since each might vary. Unless otherwise specified, deposits are refundable. Before booking, it is always advisable to read the fine print, especially when booking a discounted rate, or to consult a cruise or travel specialist for assurance.
Is it possible to receive a refund for a cruise credit?
Mark Pestronk Q: With the most recent wave of omicron-related cruise cancellations, tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, of travel agency clients have unsuccessfully attempted to use their future cruise credits (FCCs). Either the cruise line cancels the rebooked voyage, which might occur many times, or the client cancels it.
- In certain instances, consumers have been unable to acquire a suitable accommodation on a future voyage since the rooms have been sold out via FCCs.
- Lastly, there are several consumers who own credits but will never be able to utilize them, such as the elderly who are no longer able to travel, newlyweds who are now long-married, and students who have graduated.
Exists any mechanism for clients of our business to force cruise companies to issue cash refunds at this time? A. The problem you identify is quite recent and, as far as I can tell, has gotten no media coverage: Some agency clients have been unable to use their FCCs and will likely continue to be unable to do so.
As you are aware, the conditions of the client’s agreement with the cruise line at the time he or she accepted the FCC dictate what can be done with the FCC. In the majority of cases, these stipulations stipulated that the FCCs were not cash-convertible. Therefore, even if the rebooked trip is canceled, there is no recourse to a refund, unless the original agreements expressly said otherwise.
According to my knowledge, no cruise line has such policies. Additional FCCs Unvaccinated individuals may have to accept FCC claims Advisors are likely protected from FCC claims Regarding FCCs, cruise companies can alter their strategy. In response to the question “What happens if a prior FCC was applied to a canceled booking? “, Norwegian Cruise Line’s (NCL) FCC FAQ states the following.
Bookings in this case are not eligible for a cash refund and the original value of the FCC will be returned to the guest’s profile. Please note that FCCs have no financial value and cannot be redeemed for cash.” However, NCL subsequently provides an exit: “To provide our customers with greater freedom when planning future vacations, those with outstanding future cruise credits may, under certain conditions, file a request to convert their FCC to cash.
Any guest desiring a refund (of their initial cruise fee paid and in place of their active FCC, including bonus amounts) must file a refund request using the Guest Relations Case Submission website.” Therefore, NCL asserts that, contrary to the FCC’s terms and conditions, it may give a refund at its discretion, and other cruise lines’ websites likely contain comparable language.
- However, such agreements do not confer any legal rights on your client.
- Nonetheless, I believe that a client (or group of clients) may build a strong legal case for a refund based on the “frustration of purpose” theory.
- This theory renders a contract void if a fundamental premise upon which it was built turns out to be false.
In this case, the fundamental assumption of both parties was that the FCCs could be utilized, however owing to unforeseeable events, this assumption has been proven false.
Can you cancel an online Disney order?
What Are The Current Cancellation Policies for Disney Cruise Line?
You may cancel orders by visiting the Your Orders section of Your Account or by contacting customer service. To cancel orders that have not yet been shipped: Proceed to Orders. Select the item to be canceled and then click Cancel items.
Why can’t I cancel my reservation for a Disney resort online?
On December 25, 2020, Bryan from Virginia inquired. Please note that experiences, policies, pricing, and other offers are subject to change and may have altered since the publication date of this response. Bryan, welcome to planDisney! I regret to learn that your holiday plans have been altered.
- Many of us at planDisney have also had their ideas “Stitched.” For arrivals until April 30, 2021, the Walt Disney World Resort offers a liberal cancellation policy.
- Guests may cancel bookings without incurring alteration or cancellation costs up until the day of check-in.
- Visit the “My Plans” area of your My Disney Experience account and click “Cancel Reservation” to cancel a hotel reservation.
If you are unable to cancel your reservation online, the number to call the Disney Reservation Center will be shown. Alternatively, if you wish to cancel a Disney Park Pass reservation, you can do so using your My Disney Experience account. Locate the Disney Park Pass reservation you wish to cancel under “My Plans,” then click “View Details.” Just below the date on the next screen will be a link to cancel your reservation.
Select the Disney Park Pass you desire to cancel using the My Disney Experience mobile app, and then on the next screen, tap the blue cancel button. I hope this assists! Please feel free to visit planDisney again if you have any other inquiries. When you’re ready to travel, we’d love to assist you in creating fresh holiday arrangements.
Anne Marie Utilizable 1 Utilizable Save Answer Sign In to view your saved responses.