How To Join Virtual Queue For World Of Disney?
- Patrick Hunter
Guests may enter the virtual queue by using the My Disney Experience app. A standby queue will not be accessible. Multiple opportunities to enter the virtual line will be available throughout the day beginning at 9:00 AM.
When can I join Disney’s virtual line?
Virtual Queue Experiences Subject to availability, guests with a valid ticket and theme park reservation for the same day may be able to join the virtual queue through the Disneyland app beginning at 12:00 PM (noon).
To join the virtual line, guests must have valid entry and a theme park reservation.
Is there a grace time for Disney’s virtual queue?
– If I have a boarding party, are I able to leave Epcot and return? With the new Disney Park Pass System, customers may still leave and return to a theme park. However, the adjusted virtual queue for Cosmic Rewind only provides a one-hour return window.
Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Virtual Queue Experience – Occasionally, a virtual queue may be implemented for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance. During these specified periods, only individuals who have joined the virtual line and received a Boarding Group will be permitted to enter the attraction.
- No standby queue will be provided.
- Individual Lightning Lane options will continue to be accessible as normal.
- This site will be updated as necessary, but the My Disney Experience app is the best way to determine if a virtual line is in existence at any particular moment.
- Here’s what you need to know when a virtual queue is implemented! Prior to Your Visit to Disney’s Hollywood Studios To join the virtual queue, you’ll need the most recent version of the My Disney Experience app.
You should download it the night before so that you are ready to start at 7 a.m. Check out our comprehensive guide to My Disney Experience for additional tips and techniques! Adding your whole party to your Family and Friends list is also crucial. Guests with valid admission and a Disney Park Pass reservation for Hollywood Studios can use the virtual line system at 7 a.m.
- On the day of their reservation.
- Due to recent app updates, you may now confirm your party before 7 a.m., rather than as part of the Boarding Group registration procedure.
- If you do not receive a Boarding Group at 7 a.m., you will have another opportunity at 1 p.m.
- Using the My Disney Experience app, you may reserve Rise of the Resistance as your personalized Lightning Lane pick for the day beginning at 7 a.m.
(for Disney World Resort hotel guests) or park opening (for all other visitors). You will be able to select a return time from the available windows when making a reservation. You must have a park hopper ticket or a park pass reservation for Hollywood Studios on the same day in order to make a reservation.
- How to Join a Boarding Group and What It Is Star Wars: The Resistance’s Rising Previously, the only method to access Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance at Disney World was through a Boarding Group.
- You will be issued a Boarding Group number after joining a Boarding Group.
- When it is time to return to the attraction and enter the queue, these Boarding Group numbers are alerted in chronological sequence.
You may be given an expected wait time (such as 20 minutes or 210 minutes), but the actual wait time depends on how quickly the trip can handle the Boarding Groups before you, so don’t take it too literally. Accessing the My Disney Experience app at 7 a.m.
- From any location) or 1 p.m.
- Is required to join the virtual queue (inside the park).
- There will be a section titled “Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance – Request Access with Virtual Queue” on the app’s homepage.
- To join, click the Join button.
- Here is where you and a chosen group of relatives and friends may join a Boarding Group.
Note that guests must be inside Hollywood Studios at 1 p.m. to receive this second opportunity, which is not guaranteed and subject to availability. Because park hopping begins at 2:00 p.m., park hoppers will be unable to join the virtual line. You will need to confirm rapidly and navigate the displays with dexterous fingertips.
- Boarding Groups may fill up in a matter of seconds, so you should have your phone ready before the hour hits.
- The optimal time to launch the application is 6:58 a.m.
- Or 12:58 p.m.).
- Pull down on the screen to refresh around one minute before the hour, and a blue Join button should appear.
- Disney might offer alternative Boarding Groups.
Once the first Boarding Groups have been full, you may be advised that you are joining a backup group (this cut-off Boarding Group number fluctuates according on the day) (this cut-off Boarding Group number changes depending on the day). These backup groups will only be summoned if all of the previously intended groups have been called and there is the capacity for extra passengers.
- Joining these reserve groups does not ensure a spot on the journey.
- If your backup group is activated, a push notice will be issued via the app.
- You are now part of a Boarding Group! What Occurs Now? Congratulations! You may proceed with the remainder of your day now that you’ve successfully joined a Boarding Group.
If you still choose to arrive at the park early, we recommend taking advantage of any attractions with minimal wait times or making a beeline for your next priority attraction (Slinky Dog, anyone?). Using the My Disney Experience app, you may monitor the progress of your Boarding Group once you’ve entered a Disney theme park.
- Ensure that your push notifications are activated so that you are notified when your Boarding Group is called! There are also digital displays throughout the park that indicate which groups are boarding.
- Once it is your Boarding Group’s time, you will have one hour to return to the attraction’s entrance and check in with cast members in order to enter the line.
Cast members will need to scan your MagicBand or park ticket card; thus, have them available. If your Boarding Group number is higher and you are not expecting to be called until later in the day, you may leave the park and return to your hotel to swim in the hotel’s opulently heated pools or take a sleep.
- However, after your Boarding Group is called, you will only have one hour to return! We recommend staying within the park so that you do not miss your arrival time.
- There is a possibility that you will encounter a delay if the ride has to be shut down to fix a technical issue.
- Boarding Groups will no longer be called, and if you are not already in line, you will be unable to enter the queue.
When the ride resumes operation, the order of Boarding Groups will resume where it left off. Your return window will be extended if you miss your expiry time due to a delay, but you should still keep a close check on which Boarding Groups are permitted access.
How do Disney World’s boarding group policies work?
***UPDATE: Walt Disney World has discontinued the usage of the Boarding Pass System for Rise of the Resistance as of September 23, 2021. Currently, the ride has a Standby Only line. We estimate that this attraction will be added to the paid Lightning Lane choices available with Disney Genie+ in October 2021.
- This entry will be revised if the Boarding Pass System is reinstated.
- In today’s post, I’ll provide you with all the information you need to join a Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group! Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is the trendiest new “land” at Walt Disney World’s Hollywood Studios, and the only way to ride its signature attraction is to join a Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group! Rise of the Resistance at Walt Disney World is an experience unlike any other.
Without giving away any surprises, the ride is truly immersive, and Star Wars enthusiasts as well as those who have never watched the films will be ecstatic after completing the experience. Disney World designed a unique approach for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge in order to regulate people and avoid lineups from reaching mammoth proportions, as they had during the debuts of other innovative attractions, such as Pandora: World of Avatar.
Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind has opened to the public at EPCOT! It’s finally open for business! Disney announced a few weeks ago that Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind will (at least for the time being) not have a standby line and will instead need passengers to secure a boarding group through a virtual wait in order to ride.
In addition to a virtual line, Cosmic Rewind will also be accessible via Disney Genie as an Individual Lightning Lane (or pay-per-ride) selection. At 7 AM and 1 PM, all Disney World visitors can attempt to join the virtual line for Cosmic Rewind. On some nights, the virtual queue will reopen at 6 p.m.
for Disney World hotel guests qualified for Extended Evening Hours. Extended Evening Hours are effectively the replacement for Extra Magic Hours, allowing some Disney World hotel guests to remain in the parks after they close to the general public. Certain Disney World hotel guests are permitted to remain in the parks after they close.
After securing a spot in the virtual queue, you will be assigned a boarding group and given an approximate time before you may board the ride. You are only permitted to join the virtual line for a ride once per day, thus if you successfully join at 7 AM, you cannot join again at 1 PM. ©Disney Guests staying at a Disney World hotel can purchase and book a slot for Individual Lightning Lanes beginning at 7 a.m.
the morning of their park visit. When the park where the attraction is located opens, Individual Lightning Lane bookings are available to all other passengers. When EPCOT opens, non-Disney World hotel guests can purchase an Individual Lightning Lane for Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind, for example.
- EPCOT Additionally, you may only purchase two Individual Lightning Lane options each day, regardless of the attraction, and only one Individual Lightning Lane per attraction per day.
- It appears from this information that you can only ride Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind once per day, but is this accurate? Cosmic Rewind is a Guardians of the Galaxy short film.
It may be possible to ride Cosmic Rewind twice! If you can arrange a boarding group for the ride and also purchase an Individual Lightning Lane for the ride, it makes sense that you could ride it twice: once with your boarding group, and again with your Lightning Lane! Can Cosmic Rewind be ridden twice? We wondered if this would work, so we visited Guest Relations at EPCOT to inquire! There, a Cast Member informed us that this might potentially work! A passenger could ride the roller coaster twice, once using the virtual line and once using their Lightning Lane.
How does the virtual ShopDisney line work?
Virtual lines will be accessible at the following locations: D23 Expo Marketplace, D23 Expo Marketplace – 3rd Floor Limited Edition Annex, Mickey’s of Glendale Main Store, Mickey’s of Glendale Pin Store, Mickey’s of Glendale x D23 Expo Shop, and Disney Studio Store Hollywood.
- When you get to the merchandise location, open the D23 app or scan the QR code.
- Tap the icon labeled “Join Virtual Queue.” Guests can request to join the D23 Expo virtual line at 6AM or 1PM PT If you are not already logged in, you will be requested to do so on the Disneyland Resort app.
- Select the number of visitors (guests may only join one queue at a time for up to two persons) and touch “Join Virtual Queue.” You will be provided with an anticipated wait time on-screen and can experience other D23 attractions in the interim.
You will receive a push notice to proceed to the store when it is time to shop. ©Disney