What Happens If It Rain At Disney World?
- Patrick Hunter
Disney’s stated policy states that it does not provide rain-related reimbursements. Disney World is open even when it is raining, since the show must go on. Obviously, if Disney closes due to a weather emergency (such as a hurricane), they will offer refunds. If it is only raining at Disney, however, the parks will stay open and no rain checks or refunds will be issued.
What should you do if it starts to rain at Disney World?
Magical Land When it Rains in Disney World – Magic Kingdom, several attractions are closed. There include Tomorrowland Speedway, Tom Sawyer Island, Festival of Fantasy Parade, and Pirates of the Caribbean, among others (only if there is flooding in Adventureland).
In addition, they will close nearby attractions due to lightning (but not just rain). Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Splash Mountain, Jungle Cruise, Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, Liberty Belle Riverboat, Astro Orbiter, and Swiss Family Treehouse will be closed due to lighting.
Despite the impending closure of these attractions, there are still several attractions operating. In addition, Magic Kingdom receives a boost due to unique rainy day shows. These are the Magic Kingdom Wet Day Cavalcade and Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire during a rainy day.
So, you’re going to Walt Disney World in the “Sunshine State”? I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Florida actually receives quite a bit of precipitation! In particular during the summer and hurricane season (June – November). If there is a lot of rain in the forecast for your vacation, do not panic.
- You can still have a lot of FUN in the rain at Walt Disney World! Rainy days at Disney World are actually among my favorites.
- Typically, crowds are smaller than normal! You must just be prepared for the rain.
- Because leaving an attraction with a wet stroller is never a pleasant experience.
- Ask my kids.
HAHA! This article includes affiliate links. Thank you for helping BRB. Visiting Disney! 🙂
Do anybody visit Disney while it’s raining?
Top Three Tips for When the Rain Comes at Walt Disney World is located in Central Florida, and it is likely to rain throughout your vacation. Nevertheless, rain need not ruin your day. In fact, it may make your day better. Here are three techniques for surviving the rain at Walt Disney World.
- Buy A Poncho A poncho may make the difference between being unpleasant and drenched in rain and continuing with a somewhat regular day.
- Disney sells good quality ponchos at every one of their shops in the parks for $9.
- Obviously, you can get a poncho somewhere for less money if you anticipate rain.
- If you choose, you might also carry a raincoat with you to protect yourself from the rain.
The main thing is to ensure that you don’t get saturated. Bring Proper Footwear A poncho or raincoat can only protect you so much from the rain. If your feet are moist, it makes little difference if your upper body is dry. Although it’s necessary to wear sneakers in order to feel comfortable in great weather, it’s a good idea to have a pair of Crocs or flip-flops along with you.
- Having a pair of waterproof shoes might help you remain comfortable in the park during a rainstorm.
- It is horrible to traverse the park with drenched shoes.
- Enjoy Short Waiting Times and Few Crowds When it starts to rain in the parks, the majority of visitors depart.
- Nevertheless, most attractions remain open (outdoor attractions close with lightning).
I once observed a sign in the standby line that said 0 minutes during a rainstorm, indicating that wait times and crowds are quite minimal. You may also capture wonderful pictures with very few individuals in them (assuming you have a proper phone case or waterproof camera).
EPCOT – Of the four Disney World parks, EPCOT is the simplest to explore during a downpour. For the protection of the customers, outdoor attractions will close during bad weather. Test Track is the only EPCOT attraction that shuts due to inclement weather.
- Several pavilion buildings at Test Track Plus feature a variety of activities, so you may spend a considerable amount of time exploring them before returning to the park’s outside.
- The Land Pavilion and The Seas with Nemo and Friends, for instance, both house a variety of attractions and activities.
- At several areas of the World Showcase, stores, cafés, and exhibit buildings are interconnected, like in the France Pavilion.
The Region In addition, EPCOT offers an abundance of Table Service eating options. These eateries provide the ideal atmosphere for avoiding the outdoors while enjoying a lengthy lunch indoors.