What Is Premier Access On Disney Plus?
- Patrick Hunter
In the future, will Disney Plus Premier Access movies be free? – All Disney Plus Premier Access movies have been eventually made available for free. As of the end of 2021, only five Disney Plus Premier Access films had been released via the service. Initially, the first addition was the live-action film Mulan.
- It was accessible through Premier Access from September 4, 2020, to November 4, 2020.
- The Raya and the Last Dragon animated series will be available between March 5 and June 4, 2021.
- Cruella was released on May 28 and remained a Premier Access title until August 27, 2021.
- The last two releases were Marvel’s Black Widow and The Rock’s (Dwayne Johnson) Jungle Cruise.
Black Widow was released from July 9 to October 6, 2021, whereas Jungle Cruise was available from July 30 to November 12, 2021. These films were eventually made available for free on the day that their Premier Access expired. Typically, there are a few months between the release of films as Premier Access titles and their availability with a standard Disney Plus subscription.
In the end, you choose to pay to watch the film before those who prefer to wait until they switch to the standard Disney Plus package. Similar to going to the theater rather than waiting years for a movie to air on television (or a shorter amount of time for it to stream), the concept is being able to watch a movie as soon as it is released, as opposed to going to the theater or waiting a shorter amount of time for it to stream.
Having the ability to keep up with the social media buzz surrounding a newly released film or simply enjoying a fun cinematic experience at home is what makes the price attractive to many people. This is especially true for individuals who are unwilling or unable to attend a movie theater.
With a growing number of people possessing increasingly sophisticated home theater systems, it may be more appealing to remain at home. Once a Disney Plus Premier Access movie transitions to Disney Plus as a standard offering, it joins a substantial list of the best films currently available on Disney Plus.
However, as with any new release, you will need to exercise patience and wait for this to occur. For some users, the additional cost may be justified. To date, no film has been exclusively available through Premier Access. They will all eventually be included in the standard Disney Plus subscription package.
Is premium access to Disney Plus a one-time fee?
Digital Trends may earn a commission if you make a purchase after clicking on one of our links. Why should you trust us? Disney+, the premium streaming service from the House of Mouse, quickly distinguished itself from the competition to become a must-have subscription for fans of all things Disney, Marvel, and Star Wars despite its late arrival to the streaming scene.
- Members can now take advantage of Disney+ Premier Access, which allows them to stream new films such as Cruella and Black Widow from the comfort of their own homes, now that theaters are reopening and movies are returning.
- Here is the associated cost.
- This premium streaming service provides access to the entire catalog of Disney, Pixar, Marvel, and Star Wars content, among others, for just $80 per year or $8 per month (which comes to $96 per year before taxes) if you prefer a more flexible monthly plan.
Disney+ Premier Access is not an add-on to your monthly or annual subscription, but rather a one-time $30 fee that grants you early access to new movie releases before they become available to all subscribers. Disney+ Premier Access was first introduced alongside the release of Mulan; Raya and the Last Dragon is the second new film to be added to the service.
- Cruella, starring Emma Stone as the fur coat-obsessed antagonist from the classic 101 Dalmatians, is slated for release on May 28.
- The new Marvel film Black Widow will be released later in the summer.
- Cruella is available for pre-order until May 27, while Black Widow will be available for Premier Access on July 9.
When you purchase or pre-order a film through Disney+ Premier Access, you can stream it from the comfort of your couch the moment it is released in theaters. As long as your Disney+ account is active, you can rewatch it on any compatible streaming device an unlimited number of times.
Please note that Premier Access is only available to Disney+ subscribers. Disney+ alone costs $80 per year or $8 per month, but the Disney Bundle is a better value. By subscribing to the Disney Bundle, you will receive Disney+, ESPN+, and basic Hulu for just $14 per month, a savings of 25% off the total price of these three services.
You can still upgrade to the bundle and receive the discount if you already possess one or two of these items. After that, it costs $30 to pre-order a new film through Disney Premier Access.
Join the Disney Premier Access fast lane! – With an existing Park Ticket, Pass, or Hotel+Tickets Package via the app. – Via our website with a Hotel+Tickets package purchase, or in the “My Bookings” section of your account up until the day before your visit.
- Via our vacation specialists when purchasing a Hotel+Tickets package or to add it to an existing Hotel+Tickets package.
- With a Park Ticket and our website.
- Purchase options for Disney Premier Access One: – Through the app after entering a Disney Park.
- Url”:””, “analyticsId”:””, “labelLink”:””, “type”:””, “priceID”:””, “action”:””, “countdownEndDate”:null, “keyReasons”:,”media”:,”mediaGalleryCard”:null, and “priceOverrideInformation”:null.
Yes! To purchase Disney Premier Access, you must have a valid Park Ticket, Annual Pass, Pass en Scène, or Hotel+Tickets package. Ensure that your Park Ticket, Pass, or Hotel+Tickets package is linked to your account in the account section of the app. Each Disney Premier Access is linked to a specific Park Ticket and can only be used by the ticket holder.
It is not transferable to other Guests. Children under the age of three do not require Disney Premier Access to enter the dedicated line. However, they must be accompanied by a Disney Premier Access-holding adult. Please check each attraction’s height restrictions. Each available attraction can be visited once with Disney Premier Access Ultimate.
You may use Disney Premier Access One once on the booked attraction. Don’t worry if you don’t have a smartphone or a Disney Account! Disney Premier Access is still available for purchase at City Hall in the Disneyland Park and Studios Services in the Walt Disney Studios Park.
It is not possible to cancel a purchase of Disney Premier Access One. The conditions for cancellation and modification of a Disney Premier Access Ultimate purchase vary based on where the pass was purchased and the date of arrival. to determine if you are eligible to cancel your purchase of Disney Premier Access Ultimate.
Please note that phone cancellations are not possible. Yes, via the app beginning seven days prior to your arrival date, or by calling our vacation specialists. Currently, you cannot purchase Disney Premier Access Ultimate for only certain members of an existing Hotel+Tickets package through the website: Join the Disney Premier Access fast lane!
Can you cancel Disney premier access?
What Is the Refund Policy for Disney+? – The refund policy for Disney+ varies by country. Therefore, for precise information, please refer to the Disney+ subscriber agreement for your region. Within three days of purchase, you may request a refund on a Disney+ subscription or Premier Access purchase if you have not watched any content.
Within 14 days of purchase, you may request a refund on a Disney+ subscription in the United Kingdom, provided that nothing has been viewed. According to the representative we spoke with, Premier Access is evaluated on a case-by-case basis. However, it is likely that you will receive a refund if you have not watched the purchase and comply with the 14-day policy.
Disney+ in neither country will provide refunds for partially used billing periods or for unused services purchased in a bundle.