What Time Does A Touch Of Disney Go On Sale?
- Patrick Hunter
A Touch of Disney is a new shopping and dining experience at California Adventure that requires the purchase of an admission ticket. This is essentially Disneyland Resort’s way around reopening regulations that are keeping theme parks closed. In this article, we will discuss event dates, details, pricing, what will be available, and more.
- Updated at 11:30 am Pacific time on March 4, 2021.) Beginning on March 18, 2021, A Touch of Disney will be held on Thursdays through Mondays from 12:00 p.m.
- To 8:00 p.m.
- Tickets will go on sale for this event on March 4, 2021 (see virtual queue information below) and must be purchased in advance for a specific date.
No admission tickets will be sold at the Disneyland Main Entrance Ticket Booths; they must be purchased online. A Touch of Disney tickets will be sold on a “rolling basis until the experience ends” and will be a “limited-time experience,” according to Disneyland.
- This is being done because it is still unknown when Disneyland and Disney California Adventure will be granted permission to reopen as theme parks with rides.
- As stated numerous times in When Will Disneyland Reopen? We do not believe the current Blueprint for a Safer Economy in California will be the final word on this matter.
Now let’s discuss the price of A Touch of Disney tickets and what is included: A Touch of Disney ticket price for guests ages 3 and Older: $75 Ticket price includes $25 A Touch of Disney Dining Card redeemable for food and nonalcoholic beverages at select dining locations within the Disneyland Resort (subject to restrictions, including not valid for alcohol purchases) Parking for the event in the Mickey & Friends Parking Structure beginning at 11:30 am Unlimited digital downloads of Disney PhotoPass photos captured throughout the day of the experience. The standard health and safety rules and regulations of Disneyland Resort apply (see above). Additional terms and conditions: A Touch of Disney tickets are not required for guests under the age of 3. There will be a limit of eight tickets per person, per date, that can be purchased.
- Availability of tickets is restricted and subject to capacity limits and restrictions.
- Tickets are nonrefundable and cannot be resold or transferred for profit.
- Ticket grants admission to the A Touch of Disney experience on the specified date from 12:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
- The $75 price is “introductory,” and ticket prices are subject to change in the future (presumably increases only).
Expired Sip & Savor pass entitlements from previous DCA events are not valid for this event. Updated on March 4, 2021: The virtual queue for A Touch of Disney is now open, but there is no indication whether tickets are already on sale or when they will go on sale.
- We’ve been in line for over thirty minutes.) You can join the virtual line at this link: https://tada.eticketstore.com/WebStore/shop/viewitems.aspx? cg=1&c=2 Update 2: At 9 a.m.
- Pacific, the screen transitioned to a real line with an estimated wait time of “more than an hour.” We’ll keep you posted on further developments.
We have no intention of purchasing tickets until mid-May 2021 dates are announced, which is (hopefully) unlikely. Update 3: Following multiple failures and an hour-long pause, the virtual queue appears to be moving once more. However, neither of us has yet been able to purchase tickets.
Due to the popularity of A Touch of Disney, we’ve decided to extend ticket availability for two additional weeks. Dates, ticket availability, and prices for the A Touch of Disney experience will be released on a rolling basis. Those went quickly and left many disappointed, but that summer Disneyland was a veritable ghost town because people avoided the park out of fear of chaos.
I’m not sure why I’m telling you this story, but it seems oddly pertinent here. Guests will be able to access the attraction via a walkway from the Mickey & Friends Parking Structure; the Disneyland Resort tram will not be operating during this time. On event days, the Mickey & Friends Parking Structure will open at 11:30 a.m.
- A Touch of Disney experience elements are subject to the same restrictions, changes, and cancellations as the rest of the Disneyland Resort.
- No refunds are provided for such alterations or cancellations, regardless of the cause.
- Insert other standard CYA language here.
- The majority of snack stands, counter service, and table service restaurants throughout Disney California Adventure will be open during A Touch of Disney.
Included in this are the Carthay Circle Restaurant, the Sonoma Terrace, and the Lamplight Lounge. When Disney California Adventure reopens, the only notable exception will be dining options in the new Avengers Campus area. The menus at A Touch of Disney will feature food and beverages from both Disney California Adventure AND DISNEYLAND! This includes churros, the world-famous DOLE Whip, and the classic Monte Cristo Sandwich, all of which are typically found in New Orleans Square.
Many items will be served in small portions, allowing you to enjoy a variety of bites and drinks from midday until evening. These guest favorites will be offered at various locations throughout the park, such as Smokejumpers Grill, Adorable Snowman Frosted Treats, Award Wieners, and Cocina Cucamonga, to name a few.
In addition to these dining locations, there will be six seasonal Open-Air Marketplaces, presumably similar to the Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival booths that normally line the parade route during this time of year. These market stalls will feature: D-Lish — Indulge in classic Disney Parks dishes, such as Walt’s Chili from Carnation Café, or try something new, such as the Very Very Berry Mickey Waffle. Craft Beers from California — Quench your thirst with craft beer and pepperoni pizza egg rolls.
- Consume some seasonal favorites at the Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival, LA-style.
- Golden Dreams — Delight your taste buds with delectable dishes, such as sweet and spicy chicken wings from Trader Sam’s.
- Uncork California — Discover the winemaking artistry of the Golden State with red and white wines by the glass and a California artisan cheese plate.
Cluck-A-Doodle-Moo — Indulge in Café Orleans’ hearty dishes, such as chicken gumbo, while sipping a fruit-forward beverage! In addition to shopping and dining, the A Touch of Disney event will feature exclusive entertainment. This will include one-of-a-kind photo opportunities with PhotoPass photographers and unexpected character sightings where guests can take fun, physically distant selfies.
- Mickey Mouse and his pals may wave to you in unexpected places.
- Mater and Lightning McQueen can be observed in Cars Land, while Joy and Sadness can be observed along Pixar Pier.
- Seven days a week, Downtown Disney will remain open with dining and shopping options such as Black Tap Craft Burgers and Shakes, Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen, Naples Ristorante e Bar, World of Disney, and the recently relocated Star Wars Trading Post.
The Buena Vista Street extension of Downtown Disney will remain open until March 14, 2021, and will be closed on March 15, 2021. On March 18, Buena Vista Street will be incorporated into A Touch of Disney. Disney has not yet confirmed rumors that Downtown Disney will expand into Disneyland’s Main Street after this date to increase non-ticketed capacity.
- A Touch of Disney sounds like a fun event and a good way to make the best of a bad situation until Disneyland and Disney California Adventure reopen as theme parks with rides, shows, and other attractions.
- At the very least, the fact that more Cast Members will be able to return to work is positive news.
I have no strong opinion one way or the other regarding pricing. Whether $50 for access to the entire park and entertainment represents a good or poor value is subjective and likely dependent on event execution. My natural inclination would be to say “it’s overpriced,” but after seeing photos and videos of what Knott’s Berry Farm did with similar events last summer and fall, which appeared to me to be underpriced, I’m willing to wait and see.
Is genie plus $15 per ride?
Disney Genie+ at Disneyland – Disney Genie+ PhotoPass at Disneyland. Credit Image to Disney Disney Genie+ at Disneyland costs $25 per person, per day, and guests have access to 18 rides. The exhaustive list of Disney Genie+ rides at Disneyland includes the following:
In 2022, the cheapest time of year to visit Disney World is – There are times of the year when it is less expensive to visit Disney World, just as there are times of the year when it is more expensive. Generally, January, February, August, and September are the least expensive months if you avoid traveling during holidays. 2/27 – 3/3 (Before Spring Break) 4/22 – 5/26 (After Spring Break) 8/19 – 9/1 (Summer Slow Season) 9/5 – 9/15 (Summer/Fall Value Season) 10/10 – 10/27, 11/6 – 11/21 (Fall Value Season) 11/28 – 12/8 (Winter Value Season) January and February are the least expensive months of the year, with low hotel and ticket prices.
You will save money if you avoid traveling on Martin Luther King Jr. Day or Presidents Day. August & September: By mid-August, children across the country are preparing to return to school, meaning they will not be visiting Disney World. Disney reduces prices to attract guests because the weather is extremely hot and hurricane season is in full swing.
Prior to the Holidays in November and December: November and December are typically the most expensive months to visit Disney World, but if you choose the right weeks, you can save a bundle. For the lowest prices, travel early in November before Veterans Day and Thanksgiving and early in December before the Christmas crowds arrive.
What is Disney’s slowest month?
September is the best month to visit Disney World in general. Aside from Labor Day, there are no other holidays that draw crowds, and the majority of families have returned home for the academic year. Therefore, this is the least crowded season to visit Disney World.
As a ticket add-on, Disney Genie+ does not sell out, but certain attractions may run out of Lightning Lane options. You may purchase Genie+ for your theme park tickets on any given day. You may find, as the day progresses, that an attraction no longer provides return times for Lightning Lane access.