Why Isn’T Moana On Disney Plus?
- Patrick Hunter
CinemaBlend is an associate with several companies. We may receive a commission if you click on or make a purchase from a link on this page. There is no other film studio comparable to Walt Disney Studios. When you say “Disney Movie,” you may be referring to an animated or live-action picture, or one with superheroes or pirates, but you’re always referring to films that are acceptable for nearly everyone.
- No other studio has a comparable relationship with its films.
- And yet, with this level of public comprehension comes a great deal of responsibility.
- Disney has occasionally attempted to break out of this mold or at least expand the definition of a Disney film, but the firm has not always been successful.
In recent years, Disney films from the past have even been modified to conform to what people currently consider to be Disney films. Obviously, even now, not every Disney film is suitable for every single viewer. Therefore, Disney+ allows you to create a Kids Profile (you can check it out and sign up now ).
This profile modifies the Disney+ app’s design slightly, but mostly excludes stuff that may not be suitable for the youngest viewers. The Marvel Cinematic Universe and Star Wars films are not accessible through the Kids Profile, which is certainly not unexpected. Almost everything with a classification higher than PG has been removed.
However, these aren’t the only movies that are unavailable if you use a Kids Profile, and some of the missing stuff is quite unexpected. I just created one of these accounts and realized that some of my daughter’s favorite movies were inaccessible when using it.
- It appears that a handful of Walt Disney Animation and Pixar films are judged inappropriate for a Disney+ Kids Profile.
- Included among these films are Moana, Cars 3, Onward, and even the original Fantasia.
- There does not appear to be much consistency or logic in the judgments.
- Cars 3 is unavailable, although the previous two films in the trilogy and all shorts are available.
Atlantis: The Lost Empire is unavailable, however your child may see the sequel released on home video. They may view the original cartoon version of Lady and the Tramp, but not the latest remake.
Why is Moana absent from Disney Plus?
Why Moana Will No Longer Be Available on Netflix – In 2019, Disney will terminate its agreement with Netflix in preparation for the launch of its own streaming service, Disney. As a result, many previously available titles on Netflix will no longer be accessible on the platform.
- Disney stated that Moana was among the titles removed as a result of their partnership with Netflix.
- In some instances, films previously available on Netflix will no longer be accessible on Disney due to a specific audience.
- Moana, for instance, is inappropriate for children under eight years old.
- Moana’s main message is to follow your dreams and be yourself, which is a frightening and violent message.
Because the film contains frightening and violent scenes, parents of children ages 8 to 10 should consider providing parental guidance.
All SECRETS You MISSED In MOANA
A once-powerful demigod (Dwayne Johnson) and a courageous youth (Auli’i Cravalho) embark on an epic oceanic journey. Streaming on Roku. Moana is currently available to stream, starring Dwayne Johnson, Auli’i Cravalho, and Rachel House. Watch it on your Roku via Disney Plus, ROW8, Prime Video, Vudu, or Redbox.